The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) harmonises data protection legislation across the European Union, increasing the protection of natural persons and giving them greater control over their personal data.
The Data Protection Officer of ABARCA COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS S.A. is the person in charge of assisting you with any question that may arise regarding the protection of your personal data and ensuring compliance with data protection legislation. You can contact him at the following email address electrónico:email@example.com
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
ABARCA COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS, S.A., CIF: 513851020 with registered office at: Atrium Saldanha, Praça Duque de Saldanha, 1-9º I 1050-094 Lisboa Portugal (hereinafter ABARCA SEGUROS)
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
The data that ABARCA SEGUROS collects through the different channels (website, email, electronic forms or paper forms and documents) within its activity, are processed for the following purposes:
- Maintenance of the contractual relationship with us.
- Manage and process any type of request for information in relation to our services.
- Send you communication to keep you informed of our products and services.
- Selection of candidates for a job.
- Manage reports received through the Whistleblowing Channel
How long do we keep your data?
In the case of suppliers, customers, collaborators and staff, we keep your data for the duration of the contractual relationship with us and, subsequently, for the period established in the applicable legislation in force.
In relation to personnel selection processes, the data will be kept for the duration of the process and, in the event that the CV is of interest, it will be kept for a period not exceeding one year and, after that time, it will be deleted or destroyed.
In relation to actions aimed at commercial prospecting, the data will be kept until the interested party objects to the processing or withdraws their consent.
In the case of data obtained through the Abarca Companhía de Seguros Whistleblowing Channel, it will be kept for a maximum period of ten years from its introduction, after which it will be deleted.
Why do we use your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by ABARCA SEGUROS on the following legal bases:
- Your consent has been voluntarily provided by you by any means. In this sense, the inclusion of personal data in files is absolutely voluntary and its collection is duly announced.
- The maintenance, development and execution of a contractual relationship that we have with you, in the case of: (i) provision of services; (ii) employment, commercial, administrative, among others.
- Out of legitimate interest, always respecting your right to the protection of personal data, honour and privacy, for the development and dissemination of our products and services.
- Compliance with legal obligations applicable to ABARCA COMPANHÍA DE SEGUROS, S.A. in Portugal (in the case of the whistleblowing channel: in accordance with Directive 2019/1937 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law, as well as Law No. 93/2021 -Pt- Law 2/2023 -Esp-)
To whom will we disclose your data?
Your data will be kept under strict security measures that guarantee the confidentiality and security of the same. In the same way, they will only be transferred to entities and for the following purposes:
- The data of customers or interested persons will not be transferred to third parties, unless they are necessary for the provision of the service requested by the client, such as for the valuation or concession of the requested operations, those referred to Surety Insurance.
- Entities and suppliers that provide services to ABARCA SEGUROS for the proper execution of our activities and projects. These entities and suppliers are duly accredited and sign the corresponding data processing contract with us in compliance with current data protection regulations.
To give you examples of the services provided by our suppliers and which may involve the processing of your personal data on behalf of ABARCA SEGUROS, we can mention, by way of example and not limitation: multidisciplinary professional services, logistics, legal advice, technological services, IT, courier and delivery, maintenance, security and surveillance, advertising and marketing, call center, etc.
- Public bodies and authorities and Courts and Tribunals when there is a legal obligation to provide the data.
What security measures do we apply to personal data?
We implement the necessary security measures to prevent theft, alteration or unauthorised access to data, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation, and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, as well as risks of varying probability and severity to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
In the case of contracting services, we require and ensure that the data processor applies appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee a level of security appropriate to the existing risks, as set out in article 32 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
We also carry out Impact Assessments on those processing operations that we consider may pose a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, in order to implement the necessary and appropriate measures to avoid a breach of confidentiality.
What channels do we use to obtain your data?
ABARCA SEGUROS obtains personal data through the following channels:
- Forms/Questionnaires (Electronic or paper)
- Business card exchange.
- ABARCA whistleblowing channel.
What categories of data do we process?
We process the following categories of data, depending on the circumstances of your relationship with us:
- Identification data.
- Employment data.
- Academic and professional data.
- E-mail addresses.
- Commercial Information.
- Economic and financial data.
- Information received through the ABARCA Whistleblowing Channel.
What are your rights?
Every person has the right to know if ABARCA SEGUROS processes their personal data. You also have the right to:
- Access your personal data.
- Request the rectification of inaccurate data.
- Request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Oppose the processing of your data, for reasons related to your particular situation, requesting that they not be processed by ABARCA SEGUROS.
- In certain circumstances, request the restriction of the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep it for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Withdraw, whenever you wish, the consent given, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that we have carried out prior to such withdrawal.
When you exercise your rights of erasure, opposition, limitation or withdraw your consent, ABARCA SEGUROS will stop processing your data, except for compelling legitimate reasons or the exercise or defence of possible claims.
All these rights can be exercised by contacting:
- In Spain: ABARCA COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS, S.A. SUCURSAL EN ESPAÑA Calle Serrano, 27, 4ª Planta Izquierda (Madrid), or by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Portugal: ABARCA COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS, S.A., Atrium Saldanha, Praça Duque de Saldanha, 1-9º I 1050-094 Lisboa, or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Always remember that if you exercise any of the rights that we have explained to you, accompany your request with a copy of your ID card or equivalent document that allows us to verify your identity.
Likewise, if you are not satisfied with how we have dealt with your rights, you can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, through the www.aepd.es website, as well as with the Portuguese Data Protection Agency www.cnpd.pt.
What can you do if you do not want to receive Marketing Communications?
In accordance with the LSSI, you may unsubscribe from any of the subscription services, as well as express your opposition to receiving advertising information, by sending the word UNSUBSCRIBE to the following addresses:
- In Spain: ABARCA COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS, S.A., SUCURSAL EN ESPAÑA Calle Serrano, 27, 4ª Planta Izquierda (Madrid), or by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Portugal: ABARCA COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS, S.A., Atrium Saldanha, Praça Duque de Saldanha,1-9º I 1050-094 Lisboa (Portugal), or by e-mail to: email@example.com.