There are different kind of cookies:
- Cookies strictly used to satisfy the services requested by the user. If these cookies are disable the user will not get information about the website.
- Analytical cookies: allows to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how they move around the site when they are visiting it. It helps improve the way the website works.
- Publicity cookies: they are used to manage advertising spaced based on different criteria.
ABARCA, COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS uses of their websites four different web cookies:
- Enable the website visited to keep track of the movements from page to page so you the user does not get asked for the same information twice. Cookies allow the user to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area.
- These cookies are necessary to identify the user.
- Enable to control the traffic and data communication; Identify the session; Give access to restricted areas; To seek registration in an event.
- Allows the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and to use it different options and services.
- Used to know the number of page views; Session’s visited; Navigation time; IP address and access domains.
- Used to make statistical reports on traffic in a web page.
Third Party cookies:
- A third-party cookie is one that is placed on a user’s hard disk by a Web site from a domain other than the one a user is visiting.
User can allow, block or disable the cookies uploaded in their computer through the privacy settings of your browser.
Every browser website gives the user the information on how to enable cookies.
Most used browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Open Internet Explorer, Click the Tools Button, Click Internet Options, Privacy tab, Move the slider to the top to block all cookies, Click apply.
- Firefox: Open Firefox browser, Click the Tools menu, Click on Options, Select Privacy Settings, Unlick Accept cookies from sites.
- Chrome: Open Chrome browser, Select Settings, Click show advanced settings, In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button, In the Cookies section you can change to your preferred setting.
- Safari: Open Safari browser, Click the Privacy tab, Choose your preferred cookies setting.